Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Solitary Confinement, or How I Spent My Fall Break

Yeah, so remember those awesome "33 for 33" blogs I got all excited about?

They didn't happen.

Obviously.

It started with my frustration with this site and my computer not cooperating when I was trying to post, over and over. So I decided to take a break from the blogging and maybe return at another time to tackle the technical issues.

Baby steps.

I've spent the last three months writing in notebooks. (I don't like to type a first draft. I find I MUST have a writing utensil in hand to make the true connection.) I have handwritten over 400 pages in the last three months.

I have four projects going on right now. Simultaneously. I filled up three notebooks with fifteen chapters each and the fourth notebook is filled with a basic outline and some scenes.

It's been a very interesting experience so far. Incredibly fun. Sometimes difficult to switch from one to the other, but I'm enjoying the challenge.

So. That's where I've been for three months, in case some of you have been wondering. You see me on Facebook, but not in person. I've been working. This is an actual, serious job that I am not currently getting paid for. So I am taking it VERY seriously. I have to strike while the iron is hot, yo.

No comments:

Post a Comment