Saturday, July 10, 2010

Diary of a Scribe Day 10

So this week seemed to go by faster than last week, which was good. All was fine until Sonic gave me food poisoning and put me out of commission for well over 24 hours, and then this evening, just before close, it got super busy and it was ridiculous and I got hit by a change artist. Little old black m----- f-----. (If it had been a fat blonde bitch, I woulda said "fat blonde bitch.")Oh, and all of my devices that allow me to be in contact with the world are on the fritz. It's a crap shoot...This blog MAY be on time, but then again, it may have to be saved until I get to Rory's computer tomorrow, another day I bet I won't get much done. Tomorrow is a session of the Little Monsters Sweatshop. Rory's costume is done. It's my turn.

So I am infuriated, and incredibly glad that I got some writing done before I went in to work. I can't really concentrate, and once again, I'm not in the mood for music. Just going to keep watching Doctor Who, and Glee, and LOST. Maybe some Futurama. I could use a laugh.

I'm working on the characters re-meet. It just happened> "He" walks into her club, scares her bartender and creeps her out before showing her his ID to prove that he is a Private Investigator AND her neighbor in her younger years. That's about as far as I've gotten, but I did unearth a good plot point that I hadn't thought of before....Someone's got a stalker....I'll be playing around with that idea while I'm picking up the living room floor and packing my gear for the Sweatshop tomorrow.

"I want your love and I want your revenge; you and me could write a bad romance."

Words to live by.


  1. uhm... tell us more about the change artist...please! Was it the old give me change for a ten, ask for a five back and then switch for ten ones?

  2. He brought out a large wad of money (warning bell) and pays for a $2 item with a 50 dollar bill(another warning bell since he had a $5 right on top, and then he kept wanting change for this, and give me a fifty, now give me a hundred, no no, that's mine, grab grab...and then my co worker pops up when I "start to freak out"(the freak out wasn't real, just to make the guy go away). I don't think I handled things quite correctly, but it was 8:30 on Saturday night so it was quite busy and by the time it fully registered, he was gone. The little black bastard.