Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Diary of a Scribe Day 14

Well, we're two weeks in!

And of course I'm showing signs of stopping.

Bleh.

I don't know if it's my lazy coming out or if it's the story. I'm needing more time to get into this groove. Next week is going to be a hellacious mess, what with Gaga and Nikola and my birthday...I'd better at least TRY to get something done this week.

I've decided on shorter chapters for this story. I think this one needs to be the length of a Harlequin Temptation, or a Silhouette Special Edition. My first seems nearly like the thickness of Shakespeare's Complete Works.

I think another of my problems is that I'm detailed oriented. I've never been to a setting like I'm writing on...In fact, I'm not entirely sure something like this exists, so I can go ahead and do what I want, but I don't want to copycat myself. I have three stories in the grand scheme of things directly involving the theatre, a subject that I know scads about, but I don't know anything about a dance cabaret.
Not a strip club, I have to make that distinction VERY clear.

I need some new viewing material. True Blood is NOT inspirational. Doctor Who IS a bit inspirational, if you really look at the characters. For me, the sci fi stuff takes a back seat to the characters(Dickens, Amy Pond, River Song, Shakespeare). I would love a sonic screwdriver, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment