Monday, July 26, 2010

Diary of a Scribe Day 23

So now that all of the birthday and GaGa brouhaha is over, you'd think that I would be able to get back to work on my stories.

Nope. Instead, I've decided to open up my options and spend this next year blogging, continuing my "33 for 33" series. The next series will be "33 Cocktails That I Can't Live Without" or something way shorter.

I was having such a hard time writing a review of the concert...I couldn't remember a thing, so the words wouldn't come. I had to pore over pictures, and listen to what my phone recorded rather badly, and youtube was a big help, but this was a hard one to do since I remembered NOT ONE DETAIL.

But this wasn't the most normal of weeks. Nothing was as it should be, between being finished EARLY with our concert preparations, so that opened the door to chaos the day of, and then my birthday was on the 22nd, so I was exhausted. The last thing I wanted to do was work, when I could sleep. Yeah, it doesn't sound good when I say it, but I knew what that week was about, and it wasn't about writing, not directly.

I had to try to force myself to pay attention to the dancers and the dancers bodies and what this group was trained to do and what it took to put on this type of show.

I didn't care about research. I saw Lady GaGa. And it was better than the Marilyn Manson Mechanical Animals tour, that is for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment