Sunday, July 18, 2010

Diary of a Scribe Day 17

I wish this day didn't exist. I just wanted my day off to start. And someone made me talk about my daddy, which, just before my birthday, makes me cry. So that, combined with a couple of other subtle things, messed up my day.

I had a bad day.

Not like, "Work sucks and bad stuff happened," but just a Bad Day. I haven't had one of those in a really long tine...It's not bad BAD, but it's got me a little stuck and mired and I find myself trying to get out of a delicate situation without bloodshed and I am not the most tactful person.

My head isn't in the right place for anything but...mindless clicks on Mafia Wars or Sorority Life. Or watching the bartenders in Bar Society go all "Cocktail" in my faux bar and do the hippy hippy shake.

It's like I'm trying NOT to focus on what I'm supposed to be focusing on. I feel like I'm avoiding the actual story, but I have a scheduled appointment on Tuesday night with Lady Gaga that is actually supposed to help. It's Research. I am not kidding. I don't think I've seen a concert where the artist has dancers and choreography. So this will be a nice treat. And some damn good research.

So I'm NOT avoiding the story, but I am filling the time with my new blog project. So far, I've just infected Blogspot and Myspace, but I'm working on my next move.

I guess we'll see how the next few days go. It's going to be a hard week. Shake ups at work, Gaga, my birthday...yeah, it's going to be a hard week. I hope I have enough strength and patience to get through this.

No comments:

Post a Comment