Monday, July 12, 2010

Diary of a Scribe Day 11

Warning: This blog may contain spoilers about Ken Kesey's "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest." But don't be disappointed if it doesn't.

So, like I said the night before the last post, I absolutely got nothing done last night, but I had actually scheduled that. We are EIGHT days away from seeing Lady Gaga so a good chunk of time will be spent in the Little Monsters Sweatshop. (We REALLY need to be calling it the OLD Monsters Sweatshop, but I'm not even going to get into that discussion.

For the longest time I haven't been able to get inspired on anything related to sewing. Apparently I've taken a sabbatical from my sewing machine AND retired as a Stage Manager, all in one swoop. I've just had virtually no interest in either, although I have many projects in both worlds.

My current project is my costume for The Monster Ball. Really, all I had to do was think of these fabulous ideas and then realize "Nope. You can't wear THAT in July. In Oklahoma." It was going to be awesome and elaborate. Now it's as simple as can be, b/c once the haze of delight started to dissipate, I don't go "All Out" anymore. I'm all about being comfortable. My outfit is mostly comfortable and is only mildly obnoxious.

As you can see from my Spoiler Warning above I finished reading Cuckoo's nest. It was a REALLY good book. I really like how it was told, and the language...And I totally knew how it was going to end. Didn't make it any less....well, less.

I'm going to start on Dante's "Inferno" very soon. I'm trying to wade through the Introduction...I need to prepare myself...I'm not a fan of poetry in general, and the only epic poem I've ever read was "The Odyssey," and of course I liked it. And then there's that Shakespeare fella I knew once who's plays were pretty much epic poems...

So here I am. Nothing to show for yesterday's work....except for this late blog and empty pages waiting to be filled. I'd better get to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment